Monday, March 16, 2015

Mount Tabor

Ascent to Mount Tabor

The chronicles of Fr. Michael Skluzacek's travels while on sabbatical.

Follow me on my sabbatical to places of great faith and meaning.  Mount Tabor is a mountain in Israel, 11 miles west of the Sea of Galilee. I plan to climb Mount Tabor (1,843 feet) on foot  towards the end of my sabbatical.  It is the site where Jesus was transfigured before his disciples Peter, James and John (Matthew 17:1-13).  I've called my blog "Ascent to Mount Tabor" to indicate that this 5-month journey is an effort to get ever closer to Our Lord, Jesus Christ.  Please pray with me as I travel this journey, that I will grow closer to Jesus each day.  I will pray for you as well.

9 comments:

  1. Praying for your preparations. The blog looks terrific! God bless, The McNulty Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that I will be able to follow along.. Nancy Waterfield

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking the time to blog about your travels on your upcoming sabbatical, I am looking forward to following your journey and learning about all the wonderful places you plan to visit! Praying for a safe journey, Lisamarie Burkhart

    PS. I do hope that your journey and blog will be brought into the classroom, what a wonderful learning opportunity for the kids at St. Johns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness for computers so that we can Ascend Mt Tabor with you! Linda Reed

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat! So happy that you have this opportunity Father! I'll definitely be checking in on the blog. Prayers for a most blessed and safe journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! So happy you have this opportunity! Will be checking in on the blog for sure :) Prayers for a blessed and safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a wonderful experience to be able to follow with you on your trip. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. I am saying the novena and also extra prayers for a great and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continuing to pray for you. I look forward to hearing all about your journey of faith. May God Bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We hope your trip to Tanzania went smoothly. As you visit the missions, we pray that you encounter Christ in the people you meet. We are looking forward to your first post. God bless, Leonard and Rosie

    ReplyDelete