Saturday, August 22, 2015

Uruguay Arrival

What was supposed to be a 20-hour trip turned out to be 31 hours!  The plane from Miami to Montevideo encountered mechanical problems after about three hours enroute, and had to return to Miami.  We had to wait in the Miami airport for almost 6 hours for a different plane.  When we finally got one, we had a nine hour flight.  Needless to say, I arrived in Montevideo tired!  But, thanks be to God, Fr. Bernardo was there at the airport to meet me and take me to the Cathedral rectory.  He lives there with Fr. Juan Gonzalez, who is the pastor.  I'm so grateful for the worldwide fraternity of Catholic priests.  Wherever a priest travels in the world, he can always find a brother in a fellow priest.  Frs. Bernardo and Juan have welcomed me into their home which is situated right next to the Cathedral, and across from the Plaza Matriz, named for the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception.  I concelebrated Mass with Fr. Juan for the Feast of the Queenship of Mary.  I walked about the city a bit today and down to the sea.  I found my school, Academia Uruguay, located only two blocks away.  Classes start Monday.    

No comments:

Post a Comment