Saturday, October 17, 2015

64,041 steps, or 29.39 miles closer to Santiago de Compostela

After our first day of hiking, I wondered why I ever decided to do this!  Muscles hurt that I never knew I had.  17.84 miles, according to my fitbit, or 38,855 steps.  Today was a lot easier day, and I feel 99% better.  Tomorrow we will climb those mountains that you see in the background in the photo of me - with an ascent of 2,300 feet.  Extra prayers will be appreciated.  Here are some photos of sites along the Camino.  Every so often we pass by a beautiful little chapel.  We get our "sella" or stamp in the chapel or in a cafe, which will verify we did the Camino once we arrive at Santiago.  The graces are starting to build up each day.  Just thinking of the millions of pilgrims that have walked this Way since the Middle Ages and realizing we are tracing their footsteps is a blessing.  And the people one meets along the Way - all images of God.  The locals who greet us with a smile and "Buen Camino!" and the fellow pilgrims who come from all over the world - all searching for God in one way or another.




4 comments:

  1. Prayers -- done -- SJB already prayed you through the Camino, you just have to do the miles :).
    Keep the pictures coming, they're great! LKH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks wonderful. I'm afraid I'd need to bring my podietrist along with me. I love walking along with you vicariously via photos and blogs. I replied to an older post from my gmail and later notice that it was "noreply" - I have to look at these things more carefully. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I cannot imagine walking 38,000 steps in FIVE days. It is difficult to get in 2 or 3 in one day. Our prayers go with you on a daily basis as they have for years. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a hike! It sounds wonderful. The altar is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete