Thursday, November 26, 2015

Jesus calms the storm

When I arrived at the Sea of Galilee, the winds were strong and the sea was turbulent.  As night came on, the waves roared as there rose up a violent storm.  I could easily imagine the fear of the disciples as they were on that boat in a storm such as that.  Just as Jesus calmed the waters for them, the next morning the sea was calm and peaceful.  I am at a beautiful site right on the shore of the Sea of Galilee at the Pilgerhaus, a pilgrimage house run by the German Church.  As I was arriving, a family group of German pilgrims asked me if I had celebrated Mass that day.  I already had, at Mount Tabor, but I said I'd be happy to celebrate Mass for them.  We had Mass together yesterday and will again today, before I depart for Bethlehem.  Yesterday I prayed at the site of the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fishes, and Peter's Primacy.








4 comments:

  1. We (family) are following all of your posts.. Love how you are imagining the experience of the disciples/and comparing your experience the same. LKH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a wonderful day to say Mass near the Sea of Galilee, especially after seeing the huge storm! There is a painting of "Jesus, Our Calm in the Storm" on display at White Bear Center for the Arts, 4971 Long Ave., White Bear Lake from Nov. 23, 2015 thru Jan. 7, 2016. However, you've already seen this painting at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool. What a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely beautiful pics Father. As I read your comments I too closed my eyes and imagined the disciples in the boat in the vicious turbulence, feeling terrified, and Jesus calming the waters!!! We miss you and cannot wait for you your return to hear all about your sabatical in more detail. so many questions!!

    ReplyDelete