Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Ascent

Today I "ascended" Mount Tabor.  I drove part of the way up, and walked part of the way.  The trek was more difficult than I anticipated - Jesus, Peter, John and James must have been in good shape! Pilgrims were scarce at the shrine, so I had the shrine and the outdoors area around it to myself for several hours; it was a powerful prayer time.  The view from the top is magnificent.  I was able to celebrate Mass in the Chapel of the Prophet Elijah.  The goal of my sabbatical has been reached, at least the apparent goal - Ascent to Mount Tabor.  I have now descended the mountain, and am on the shore of the Sea of Galilee.  But for the next two weeks I hope to stay on the mountain with Jesus, figuratively speaking, as I pray at the places where he lived, walked, suffered, died and rose from the dead.  "Lord, it is good to be here." (Mt 17:4)






3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Thank-you for sharing your journey. Happy Thanksgiving. LKH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful journey you have had! Thank you for sharing such interesting and inspiring events from your travels and accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Choir really celebrated today.

    ReplyDelete