Saturday, December 12, 2015

Asante, Gracias, Grazie, شكرا, תודה

I say “thank-you,” in Swahili, Spanish, Italian, Hebrew and Arabic (the languages I encountered on my sabbatical) – to all who have followed me these last five months on my “Ascent to Mount Tabor” blog. It has truly been a graced experience. I have reached the summit, my goal, which was to deepen my love for Our Lord Jesus Christ as well as my commitment to being his priest. Thank-you for praying with me and for me every step of the way; I truly felt your prayers.

I have returned home and am taking some days to “decompress” – go through mail, do sabbatical reports, etc., before I resume regular parish duties next Tuesday. Special thanks to Fr. Jaspers and our great parish staff for taking such excellent care of the parish while I was away. I look forward to seeing all our wonderful parishioners and celebrating the Eucharist with you once again.

I plan to give a presentation on my sabbatical - Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 11:45 am; and again on Monday, January 11, 2016 at 7:00 pm. Both presentations will be in St. Joseph Hall. I hope you can come. Please invite anyone who may be interested. We plan to have culinary treats from each of the five countries I visited.

The final photo: Calvary – where the greatest act of love took place – Jesus gave his life for us. Thank-you, Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it seems like you just began the sabbatical a week ago! I've enjoyed every virtual moment of it and hopefully gain real (not virtual) closeness to the Lord as well. Thank you for sharing all the different stages of this trip. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. It has been amazing. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete