Tuesday, December 1, 2015

One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic

On pilgrimage in the Holy Land, I've met Christians from all over the world (except the USA).  At the Sea of Galilee, I met a family from Germany who invited me to visit with them a little-known cave, where Jesus went to be alone after feeding the multitude.  At Shepherds' Field near Bethlehem, I met a pilgrimage group from Nigeria who love to take photos!  On Sunday, I concelebrated the parish Mass at Our Lady of Fatima, the parish church in Beit Sahour near Bethlehem.  Also worshiping there were the bishop and pilgrimage group from the Diocese of Portsmouth, England.  After Mass, I was invited to Sunday dinner at the home of some parishioners.  At the Casa Nova in Jerusalem where I'm staying, I met pilgrims from Mexico.  Even though language, customs and food are different, we all share the same faith and are united as disciples of Jesus in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.  







2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful photos of all the people who come from all over the world, one, holy, catholic and apostolic for sure. I think you look very happy in these photos. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What joy,happiness and peace are shown in these photos! I can almost feel them myself as I am looking at so many wonderful, captured moments.

    ReplyDelete